Monday, March 19, 2012

Hunger Games


With the movie for the Hunger Games movie approaching quickly I decided there was no better way to start my blog. Although I read these when they first came out I'm still beyooond excited for the movie. If you haven't read these yet GO BUY THEM RIGHT NOW, I promise you will not regret it. Every chapter gets better and better. I wasn't able to put it down. If you don't know what it's about, here's my short description (it's pretty hard to describe in a short amount of time though, so bare with me). 

The country has been divided up into 12 districts. Each district has a different characteristic, something they excel in. Every year the Capital (in district 1) holds the Hunger Games, a battle between 2 people (a boy and a girl) from each district. The tributes, the 2 chosen ones, are selected at random from a box.  The novel starts off with Katniss (played by Jennifer Lawrence), the main character, stepping in and volunteering when her sister is selected to participate in the Hunger Games. The novels tell of her life after that, it is forever changed because of the Hunger Games that she is now a part of. There is also a romance happening during all of this. Gail, the handsome older boy that she has been friends with forever (played by Liam Hemsworth), and there's sweet Gail, the baker's son, who also is a tribute (played by Josh Hutcherson) 

No comments:

Post a Comment